Friday, February 10, 2017

Dec.6 - A First Real Kiss

Dec. 6::
 
"Yesterday he learned to say, "Chwonnn, twooo, WEE!" (translation:: 1...2....3!!). Today I *think* he may have repeated "I love you" but won't say for sure.

As you see in the pictures - yesterday was pants on the head, today was socks on the hands. ;-)

Lastnight a sweet nearby friend (another adoptive-mama) came and brought us dinner! It was delicious and she also brought a bag full of snacks and goodies she knows her kids have loved (she also has a daughter from the same province as William!). That bag has been heaven to William already, and he *loooves* the shrimp crackers. 




Things have gotten better with the dog...somewhat. He's told the dog off multiple times (shouting at him, stomping his feet at him, etc) - which we thought was good because it showed some bravery...at least. :-D He'd also not mind if the dog came right by the gate near him, but there were times he was definitely scared by the dog unfortunately..so it will take time for sure.

Tonight Ms. Cosette and I got away to grab dinner and to go see a movie and that was really nice because we got time together and sweet boy got bonding time with Daddy. Before the movie I offered to get her an ICEE (which is a very rare treat) and she kindly refused saying it was too much), so I told her I really wanted to get her it and it's the least I can do considering how awesome she's been. We got home and baby boy was sleeping on Daddy. His bonding with Billy is gradually getting better and better which makes me happy.

He also gave me a first *real* kiss on the cheek, and hasn't been wiping my kisses off his as of late! The first time I kissed his cheek it was as though he thought it was the weirdest, grossest thing ever and quickly wiped it off dramatically. So yes...not seeing him wipe off kisses and giving me a real first kiss is monumental! :-)
 
Sidenote - my billfold was left in China! Thankfully it was in the lost and found at our last hotel. We've had some complications getting it shipped here and are still working on getting it back. Sadly, while pretty important, it's been the last thing on our minds.

Tomorrow packers begin to come and pack up things. I hope lil William does okay with them moving around the house. :-\ He doesn't fare super well with people he doesn't know (which is pretty much everyone outside of the 4 of us).

The next day they come again to finish up packing, and our social worker will be here to do our first post-placement visit. We've honestly got a lot on our plates, and could use prayer -- mostly for lil William through it all..our number one goal will be to make him feel as secure and comfortable as possible through each transition. I cannot wait to be in our new home and finally settled!

And about moving away from Iowa..I really haven't had time to process that (or many things for that matter). We've loved Iowa so much and will miss it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers