Sunday, November 20, 2016

We Have Him

So sorry for the delay!

WE HAVE HIM!

We got him around 5:30 lastnight. He grieved very hard for a while, and then slowly calmed and warmed up some. The first big smile we got was when I tried to feed him some noodles, then he fed me a puff and lit-up like you wouldn't believe!!! He then played around a long time putting stickers on our faces and giggled.






I wanted to so badly take off some of his very warm clothes (which were layered) as well as his shoes, but he quickly became very uncomfortable and desperate to make sure everything stayed on, so I ended up not changing one thing lastnight. He got sleepy and quickly fell asleep in my arms as I rocked him, then I laid him into his crib and he was out. He slept well through the rest of the night.

We woke him up around 7 to get ready for breakfast, and he did so well eating! He ate two full bowls of congee and enjoyed some orange juice. We then set off for Civil Affairs to finalize his adoption. I was concerned he'd reach out to his orphanage director since she was there, but he absolutely didn't care. We then headed to the notary which was up 5 floors of stairs (thankfully he allowed baba to carry him for the first time). We then went to the passport agency to apply for his Chinese passport, and he became very upset with getting his picture taken when we tried to pry his sippy-bottle out of his mouth. At this point (well before) we were both covered in sweat and urine. Finally I got it from him, he cried, then I got him to calm down enough to sit and look forward for the picture. It was quite the scene I'm sure as I along with 3 other women were trying everything possible to help him settle down enough for a picture. The worker pulled out her cellphone with a video of a lil girl bouncing on a trampoline and that seemed to work! :-)

He's comfortable enough with me, and he's comfortable enough with Billy but prefers me to do most of the holding/carrying. He likes Micah, but he's still trying to figure him out..:-) He's still trying to figure all of us out, and I know it'll take time.

The Miss and I are now at the hotel while he's napping, and Billy and Micah are out shopping with our guide Iris at the local Walmart for some things needed.

We'll be visiting his orphanage Wednesday which we're happy about (we were unsure if that'd be possible). It's a 3-4 hour drive into rural Fujian.

I will post again here soon and with more pictures!!

Please keep praying. The journey has now just begun, and so much change has already happened for him, and he's still figuring us out. Our main goal is to make him as comfortable as possible, and of course work on attachment/bonding, but at the same time to give him some space.

Stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. You all have been in our thoughts and prayers today. So thrilled for you guys! You all look so happy. He is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for posting these pictures and keeping us updated. What a privilege to be able to share in this journey with you. We are looking forward to meeting this little guy.

    The Roe's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will and Family, What a blessing. He is so cute and I happy that all is going well. Prayers for a safe trip home and that all continues to to go well!
    James Rans

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers