Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Amazed

This process is long, amazing, exhausting, financially depleting, complicated, growing, bumpy, lonely at times..and of course totally worth it.

The other night while praying over precious William and just talking to the Lord about our entire process, I broke. Sometimes you carry something for a while and just..break.

The next day I went ahead and wrote the names of the few people who've donated to our account, posted it on Facebook, and re-posted about our puzzle fundraiser.

Little did I know that $1,500.00+ would be donated *that* day. If you know me, you know I don't cry easily. I've always tried to hold back (one reason: I'm the ugliest, I mean UGLIEST crier you've ever seen). Blame the adoption hormones or whatever else, but I broke down again. Not only a huge financial help, but it was much-needed encouragement.

Before I go further, please know we don't expect anyone to contribute financially, in fact, we know some of you probably are against any type of adoption fundraising, and you're entitled to feeling that way about it, and we respect that completely.

Soon after posting on Facebook, a sweet incredible adoptive-mama-in-process commented that she was donating toward three puzzle pieces in honor of her THREE children waiting in our son's province. Yes, you heard me...three!! All aged 2-3 years old.

I was speechless.

You're telling me, of all people...a mama who's in an adoption process for not one, or two, but three sweet babies is contributing to our process for one?! Friends...there are no words. No words.

Was I completely shocked though? Not really.

You see, I've watched in secret fundraising groups led by adoptive-mamas, and have *seen* with my very eyes other adoptive-mamas both already home and in-process come and band together to help others get their children home. It's absolutely one of the most miraculous beautiful things I've ever witnessed. These same mamas are newly home, quite honestly probably still recovering from all the costs ontop of everything else involved in an adoption; others are in-process struggling to come up with thousands themselves. And they know first-hand that adoption changes lives, and want to see these children get home! Amazing is an understatement.

When starting this process I was told by other adoptive-parents to be prepared to watch those who you'd think would give you support wont, and those you'd least expect will.

I also know that those in process or who have adopted know first-hand the struggles there are when faced with a $15k+ bill staring you in the face ontop of all the other complexities in the process. When you experience it all yourself, you can't help but to help others in the same valley you once were in.

As for that dear friend who's in process for three littles in our son's province who gave toward our process, will you cover them in prayer when you think to pray for us?? Thank you.



If you missed our puzzle fundraiser post - we're having one to where you can "buy" a puzzle piece for $20 (donated to our account). We'll write your name on the back of the piece, and once finished we will frame the puzzle in a see-through (front and back) frame to where our sweet boy will be able to see for himself all those that helped bring him home piece-by-piece. Are you the next piece??
adopttogether.org/stumpfamily


1 comment:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers