Monday, January 25, 2016

Romantic Fingerprinting Date for Your Hub's 30th?

(((Some of our paperwork with Little Stump's first piece of room decor:: a globe pillow)))
Me to FedEx man early yesterday afternoon:: "Those papers are my babies...sorry if I sound a little paranoid about them making it there."
Then I leave feeling less-than-confident in the FedEx man. A result of either paranoia, or genuine concern? You tell me. :-)
I mailed out our dossier paperwork [the paperwork that goes directly to China] to our agency today! They will begin getting them all appropriately state certified and authenticated -- basically China-ready.
So I get home after leaving FedEx, and immediately check tracking. Check again. Then sigh in relief that I at least see that it's in the system.
Then I immediately wonder if I have an important piece of (adoption) mail waiting in the mailbox. I let the dog out the back door, then go to the mailbox to check. Nothing there. Go back to the door and realized I'm locked out, and the backdoor is locked too. I knock on the door, kids aren't to be seen. I go to another window and knock. Nothin'. Go to another window. They see me and let me in.
Let down a wee-little seeing nothing in the box. I wasn't expecting anything too exciting, just a notice from Homeland Security showing me they've received our application. Just a receipt notice. (Why is this stuff important? I800 approval (through US Immigration and Citizenship) is the very last piece we need for our dossier before sending to China. The fingerprint appointments are the last step in the I800 process before getting final approval. Most people see approvals very shortly after their fingerprint approvals. After we get final approval, we'll still need to get that piece authenticated at the Chinese Consulate in Chicago, then it will all be "China-ready.") :-))
A bit later during dinner, I notice our mailwoman rolling up to the mailbox. It's 5:45..a little late, so I thought it was a little odd. I think..."I wonder..nah. Probably nothing. Oh bananas, forget it..I can't wait." So I throw my coat on again, go out the front door (this time propping the door open), go to the mailbox, and what should my wondering eyes appear? Not one, not two, but FIVE precious pieces of mail, my dear! One receipt notice! Ontop of that, several pieces giving us fingerprint appts set for next week! NEXT WEEK!! SAY WHAT?! That's super quick. Lightening fast. Yes, yes, I'll take it!
I told you dear reader, those papers -- they're gold. Golden!
So, starting this process I was hoping we would have our paperwork logged in on China's side on Billy's 30th birthday or very shortly thereafter. But, I guess we'll just have to settle for a romantic early-morning fingerprint date at our USCIS office instead. <3 :-)
I received an e-mail from a sweet friend of mine in the morning that said, "Have a beautiful day!!! I am praying for your little one!" ...I certainly had a beautiful day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers